Spring Must-Haves

Getty Images

90s fashion in 2019

Abbigail Muddiman, Literary Editor

The BDHS style guide for makeup and clothes is here for students who are struggling to find a new look for spring.

The beginning of spring means the start of a bright new wardrobe and light glowy makeup looks. The 2019 fashion trends feature pastel colors like lilac, blush pink, baby blue, and white.

Natural lightweight makeup is a must have to stay on trend this spring. Highlighters are also a must to brighten the face from a cold, harsh winter.

Eyeshadow colors such as orange, pink and yellow are in season and make your eyes pop while still looking subtle. Spring is also the time to use colorful eye shadows from pallets such as Morphe 3502, Jaclyn Hill, and James Charles.

A nude lip color will make the makeup look more natural. Glosses are good for the spring time and moisturizers keeps the face tame. For a more glam and edgy look, keep the eyes and face natural, but add a thick winged eyeliner.

For those who wear false lashes, the spring time is the perfect season to wear wispy whimsical looking lashes. Mascaras to use this spring that will emphasize natural eyelashes are L’Oréal telescopic mascara and L’Oréal voluminous lash paradise.

The 90s style is back in season. Mom jeans, wind breakers, jean jackets, tube tops, body suits and jean skirts are making a comeback. Light color jeans and bright colored shirts make the perfect spring look.

Spring fashion means layering on the accessories – fanny packs, dainty necklaces, charm bracelets, hoop earrings, and chokers. Popular shoes this spring are sandals, flip-flops and flats to go with casual attire.

Nike sneakers, colorful two-piece leggings with a sports bra, and an open back top is a wonderful idea for spring workout attire. With these styles and makeup looks, everybody will be looking and feeling happy.

“The joy of dressing is an art.

— John Galliano