Anthony Gioffre- Student Athlete

Ryan Gregory

Student Athletes are hard to come by here at Brentsville but, Senior, Anthony Gioffre makes it seem easy.

Anthony committed to play baseball at Elizabethtown university for the upcoming 2021 season. He mainly plays 3rd base and outfield but is up to help the team out if they need him elsewhere on the field.

Anthony is not just an excellent baseball player; he also played basketball and excels at academics. Anthony also likes to help others through service projects, raising awareness, and fundraisers with his family. Anthony received the highest academic scholarship offered at Elizabethtown. Anthony was also recently admitted into the Honors Program at Elizabethtown and has received an academic letter every year of high school. Anthony will also study in the engineering department.

Although he is leaving Berentsville this summer he shared his favorite moment while playing baseball at the school, “My favorite memory at Brentsville was my first home run sophomore year launched to the soccer fields. ”

Anthony also added some advice for the underclassmen “Put your energy and effort into improving yourself and helping others. Learn something you enjoy and do activities you love. High school is shorter than you think. Spend your time working on what you are passionate about.”

Anthony looks forward to playing four years of baseball at Elizabethtown and hopes to graduate from there with an engineering major to find a meaningful career.