The Roar

Meet the Cast of Seussical: The Musical

Back to Article
Back to Article

Meet the Cast of Seussical: The Musical

The cast of Seussical: the Musical rehearses.

Tori Baker

Tori Baker

Tori Baker

Halle Buttafuso, Managing Editor

BDHS’ theater department, run by Ms. Ashley. Abraham and Mr. Dan Fiore, will be presenting Seussical: The Musical this coming Spring. Classic Dr. Suess characters such as Horton the Elephant, The Cat in the Hat, Gertrude Mcfuzz, Jojo McDodd, and the Whos of Whoville will be brought together in this visionary musical.  

Senior Annabel Bergeron plays ‘The Cat in the Hat’: a sarcastic, imaginative cat who also acts as the narrator. Bergeron has participated in every school play since her freshman year and has a true passion for acting. “What I enjoy most about theatre is the ability to share our art with the audience,” Bergeron said. On top of theater she is also involved with Beta Club, National Honor Society, Varsity swim, and is the senior-class President. Bergeron also said, “At times it can be difficult to manage everything, but I just try my best to focus on what’s in front of me.”  

Senior Andrew Giles plays ‘Horton’: an elephant with a big heart who is dedicated to helping others. Giles got his acting start in BDHS’ previous spring musical Beauty and the Beastwhere he played one of the titular roles as the Beast. Giles shares that his favorite part of theater is how expressive it can get. “By playing a character, you open so many options to how the character would feel or react, and I love every aspect of it,” said Giles. Outside of BDHS theater he is also in the school choir and performs in local theater performances. You can find Giles in not only Seussical, but at Pied Piper Theatre where he debuted as Morris Delancey in Disney’s “Newsies”.   

Junior Sydney Lawrence plays Gertrude McFuzz: a shy and self-conscious bird who is in love with Horton. She has previously performed in BDHS’ Beauty and the Beast as a tea cup, wolf, and villager. Lawrence shares that she is most looking forward to having fun with her theater friends. “Being able to have fun on stage with your friends and play silly characters is the best part,” said Lawrence. Outside of school she works at Coldstone and on top of that she participates in BDHS’ Edge Club and Cheer. “It can be hard to manage my time because my work and rehearsal usually conflict with each other, but I always find a way to make it work,” says Lawrence.  

Junior Abby Gloff plays Jojo McDodd, the Mayor of Whoville’s son. Gloff was previously cast in Beauty and the Beast as an ensemble member but thanks to theater class and hard work, she has now worked her way up to a main character. “I love everything about theater,” shares Gloff. “Especially the makeup involved and building the sets and costumes.” Gloff also performs on the BDHS Dance Team. Although theater and dance rehearsals sometimes clash, she can always work around it.

BDHS is very anxious to watch the exciting production that everyone in theater is putting so much work into, and absolutely can’t wait to see their friends as the characters they all know and love.