Pounding the Pebble to Another Win

BDHS Golf Team

The golfers stood smiling with their first place Districts trophy.

Grace Gearhart, Sports Editor

On Sept. 18th, the BDHS Golf Team won Districts and took home yet another championship trophy. Their leading golfer was sophomore Isabel Bae with a score of 73, pulling the Tigers to a victory. 

Winning Districts is not something new for the golf team; this is their second consecutive year finishing in first place. “I felt incredibly happy and proud of my teammates,” commented Bae. During the golf season, the team competes in matches every week. The team practices weekly in order to prepare for these tournaments and matches. 

The event this year took place at the Shenandoah Valley golf course. 10 total schools participated in the Districts tournament, with schools having their top players perform. “I always get nervous before I golf in these major events, but I have so much faith in my teammates that I know we have the strength to win,” smiled Bae. 

Their Districts win set them up for success for the next major match. On the weekend of Oct. 6th, the golfers putted their way to second place in the annual States tournament. Nearly 20 schools total competed. 

“I’ve made new friends and have experienced great things with my teammates. I’m ready to take on more challenges and come home with more trophies,” uttered Bae. 

The BDHS Golf team has incredible players that pull the team to these victories. Without hard work and dedication, the team would not be where they are now.